Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Something old, new, borrowed, and blue... jeans

   Today for my errands, I decided to wear my new, old and borrowed, and blue lol. The picture on the right, is probably my last Miss Veronica self portrait. Wearing my new earrings and necklace from mother-in-law and old and borrowed ring from my own mama. My jeans are blue, even though they kinda look black lol. Got my shirt with the wifey on Friday from H&M.. I saw it awhile back and wanted it, and this time, I made sure it was mine. It was only $10. There's just something about the shirt I really liked. Oh well, retail therapy.  
   Anyway, today started off a little late. I wanted to be at the florist by 830 and I was there 930ish. Didn't have a specific appointment anyway. When I walked in, I was all excited. The last time I was in there, there hadn't been so many flowers. But this time there was buckets and racks full. It was really hard to keep my focus on what I needed.. because I wanted them all. They were holding my flowers for me in the back and I got all the ones I really wanted. I picked out some fillers, just on inspiration. Was slightly skeptical on how it'd come out, but I figured that I could work with it either way. Everything cost roughly $50.. which is supppper cheap. Bouquets in Turlock were starting at $90 and apparently in Livermore, they were $100+. When I got home and realized (yes I'm dumb) I had bought 2 dozen roses, and for some reason I was thinking that I was only getting a dozen for $35. But noooo.. to my excitement, when I opened the wrappers I got to see this
Instant glee lol! It was so pretty and I got to work right away. I clipped off all the leaves and clipped the bottoms and put them in vases of water for the time being. I have never legitally put together a bouquet before. And who would've figured it would be my own. Very fun and you get what you want.
The picture on the left was my first finished product. I always wanted curls of grass (if that makes any sense) in my bouquet. So after leaving them out and thinking about it for awhile, I decided to tuck them in. Whether or not they stay, I don't know. But its not a hard fix. I figure after it sits like that long enough, the grass my just stay that way. The pictures above don't do much justice to the flowers. My phone doesn't pick up the brightness and happiness the flowers give off. The colors even look a little weird in the pictures, but you get the main idea. 
   After doing that I had a nail appointment. On my way to the salon, the cleaners called and said my dress was ready to be picked up :) Made me nervous when they called, I was hoping they were telling me it was ready, but they might have been calling me to tell me something had gone wrong. I worry about lots! The mani/pedi went well. I was the only one in the salon. The foot massage was awesome and my toes look like little pearls. And my hands match my shoes and my old/borrowed ring. They match my shoes, nearly perfectly. So glad I have a great manicurist. She was very helpful and patient with me. I told her that this would be the only time that I would be picky with choosing my nail colors lol. It all took about 2 hours and it felt like it went by too quickly. I think getting my feet and hands done was probably the most thing I was looking forward to. Lol. Easily amused I guess.    ..While I was there, Vic had called me just to say hi and let me know that he made a reservation at a hotel in Half Moon Bay for us to go to after the ceremony and lunch. I don't want to even think about that bill. All I know is that I'm not going to want to leave this place. Yes, that is an actually picture of the room I'll be getting to stay in. And he asked me if I would like that. Umm, the ocean is right there outside the terrace... I don't think I'd ever like such a thing! LOL, yea right. I would've been fine with a $100 room in Santa Cruz (that's upscale for this chick) I'm used to looking for the cheapest spots lol. Most of the time I get rooms to sleep in and go off to do what I came there for. But, you will not find me complaining about this place. The only thing I will complain about is having to leave :( Already dreading that part. 
   Well for the rest of the day, I'm going to do laundry and pack. Going to finish my homework assignments that are due on Thursday so I don't have anything to worry about all week. I'm actually tired, which mostly means I've reached the end and I'm not as stressed. Have my mom to thank for that one. My stress level has been redlining all day. I have a slight headache and a nap sounds wonderful. But homework first!

3 comments:

  1. VERNNY!!! I just read this and I love it!!! :) I can feel your happiness and nervousness all in one blog!!! congrads love!!~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a beautiful day. i am still waiting for my surfboard.

    ReplyDelete