Friday, February 10, 2012

Mini Update

Wednesday went very well!
   Woke up early in the morning to start getting ready. I remember it seeming like it was taking forever, but now looking back, it all seemed so quick. We all got ready and started to leave.. I always know I forget stuff and about 5 minutes up the freeway, I had realized I forgot the bouquet! So I went back and got it and we left again. We met at the house in Livermore where we rearranged the car rides and then we were off to Oakland! 
   Got the the Alameda County Courthouse and it totally reminded me of a fancier DMV. Lol. It was very stressless and easy. We filled out our paper work and paid the fees. After that, we waited for our commissioner to take us to the ceremony room. Including me, I believe there was 13 of us. It was very nice and small.
   The ceremony was short and sweet. And I didn't cry!! Though, I almost did lol. I ignored everyone else in the room and tried my best to keep it together. I think I succeeded! I can't remember all details, but I can still hear his voice repeating his vows and the look in his eyes. That's what gets me. :) 
   After we got our marriage certificate, we all went to the restaurant. The restaurant had our names posted on their billboards and in front of their wedding banquet area :) That was really cool. Dinner went really well and everyone got along. Which was one of my favorite parts. We also did a cake cutting. The cake was delicious! Red velvet with a cream cheese frosting.
   When lunch was over Vic and I left together to go to our honeymoon getaway. We spent one night in Half Moon Bay in a hotel on the beach. It was so nice and peaceful. When we got there we popped open some champagne and sat on the terrace and watched the sun set over the horizon. We left the door from our terrace cracked open at all times so we could here the ocean crashing the whole time. The room also had a fireplace, everything was so cozy. For dinner that night, we walked to a little restaurant down like 2 minutes from our hotel. The next morning we had breakfast served to our room. After we checked out, we went for a walk and just enjoyed the weather. It was amazing.. sunny and very warm. Couldn't have been better! 
   We wanted to beat traffic, so we headed back to Livermore early afternoon and just spend the rest of the day at the house just relaxing. Which is where I end up now lol. Woke up this morning around 9.. still in bed. Been doing homework and paying bills. Now back to the less fun reality :/ ...my least favorite part of this week lol. 
   I do have some pictures as of right now. But they are ones from my phone and other phones that people have sent me. I will have more once my dad puts them on a disc for me. I want to get them printed also and put in an album. We got a gift in a large pretty box, and I want to keep that box for our wedding keepsakes. Which I will put our cards, pictures, wine, and stuff in so we can reopen it Feb 8, 2013.. and every year after :) 

   Anyway, here are just a VERY few pictures that I have. Of course I will put more on here when I get them..

 In the courthouse, waiting to be called for our ceremony

The "You-may-kiss-the-bride part" and just one of us looking at each other

A my-point-of-view of lunch

Our cake.. 

Sunset Feb 8, 2012

Pretty much full moon at about 6am Feb 9, 2012

If you looked over the left from the first picture, you would see the colors of the sun rise

View of our room.. ours was the one farthest back on the top floor

At the restaurant.. love his smile :)

<3 Feb 8, 2012 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment