Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Almost 1 Month!

So since I have been recently notified that I haven't been updating as usual.... lol, I decided since I have some time right now, I will.
   It has been almost a month since I have been 'off the market' lol, and it has just been all busy times. I used to have issues sleeping in Turlock. I find that whenever I'm in Livermore, I want to sleep by 8pm. I guess it doesn't help that I'm up 7 days a week, anywhere between 4a & 6a. I don't know what time I was woken up this morning, but by 7a I was totally awake and ready to go lol. Today I'm doing laundry and homework. I have a stats quiz today. Yay for me! As for laundry, I thought just my laundry was a chore.. maybe two loads, once a week to stay on top of it. But here.. it's taken me a few days to catch up the laundry lol. Our room is stuffed with clothing. I feel I'm almost done with laundry for the week though, keeping my fingers crossed.
   As for more fun-ish time consuming activities. Last Thursday I got to go out on my first real walk here. The women were referring to the walk as a 'hike', which had me skeptical. I was expecting a hike! So there was 5 of us there and we were walking on a path and through a park-ish looking area. And then there was a hill... a big one! ;) Ran my way up the hill and then after, all I could see was nothing-ness. Nature, rolling hills, grass.. it was awesome! We kept going and got to another steep hill.. a muddy one! It became slippery and the mud stuck to our shoes, after a few times of trying to get it off, I decided to just leave it. Added weight lol. It was a hike, I knew I was going to feel it after. We got to the top of the one of the hills and I could see the whole city and the mountains behind it. It was so worth it. There were cows grazing and deer running around. I am totally going to take advantage of my surroundings. I was pretty sore the next day. My toes felt bruised from the down hill walking, but I would do it again. Next time, I will have to bring my phone so I can take pictures.
   Friday I got to go to the movies. I saw My week with Marilyn. Me and two other women went. We went to an older theater in town where they serve meals and alcohol, as well as popcorn and typical movie treats. It was a super small theater, but so nice. The movie was good and I had a glass of wine while watching it. After the movie we went to a Persian restaurant, something else I haven't experienced. I had hot tea and curry chicken. It was delicious, though I think I went a little too safe with the chicken. I've never had it from a restaurant though, so it was worth it. For dessert we had Persian bread pudding. Everything was really good. 

   Saturday I finally got to see Victor, lol. He was wanting to take me out for lunch and bowling, but I had other things I wanted to get him with. The day before I was having breakfast and listening to the news. The weather lady was saying how the weather during the weekend was supposed to be amazing. The newspaper was right in front of me with the local section which had things to do this weekend in it. An article featured a lady named Nicole Lee who owns a chocolate shop in Pleasanton, and she was going to be a chocolate expo in San Fran on Sunday. So instead of bowling and lunch, I convinced him to just take me to the chocolate on Sunday and I'd let him be lazy around the house and play video games all day. But for me not to complain about the video games, he would have to get his taxes done that day. So there was three H&R branches in the area and I got him to get an appointment for that day and I told him I'd go with him. Crazy to think that this was the first time this old man was filing all by himself :P  So he bought the chocolate tickets and we went to do his taxes, which were just as easy as I was telling him it was. So the rest of my Saturday was running errands and doing as much homework as I could, which he was glued to the computer screen lol. 
   Sunday was great! We got up early-ish and planned on having breakfast in San Francisco and then going to the expo. We parked by Pier 39 and ended up walking all the way to Fort Mason where the event was. We had breakfast in a 50s diner in Ghirardelli Square. French toast and Mimosas for me. After we went to the Ghirardelli store for espressos and chocolate. Then walked to the chocolate expo. There was probably 50 different vendors from everywhere. I sampled some of the most interesting chocolates I have ever tasted. I tried a chocolate-basil mix, chocolate-hot pepper, chocolate-bacon, normal chocolates were there too! But I made my rounds and picked two places that I like that I bought a small treat for us. I found this salted caramel with hazelnut which was delicious and is located in San Fran.. lucky me! And the chocolate bacon was really good. Weird, but I love salty sweet, and the smoky bacon flavor was really good. Think about having bacon with your pancakes or french toast, same concept in my eyes. That way it doesn't seem as contradicting. Left afternoonish, went home and ran more errands. And Vic's dad took apart my truck's steering wheel, which is still in pieces today. He is replacing my blinker switch. Then later had lunch with some of MY friends. Lol.. the 'my' emphasized cause most of the friends I see coming around are his friends, which would make sense. But two of my buddies came up here with their girlfriends and we had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was another good experience and it was nice to see familiar faces in this not so familiar area.
    Sleeping was a little difficult that night due to Victor having a sick stomach.. being all throw up-ish. He was up a number of times during the night and every time he'd wake up, I would also. He ended up staying home from work Monday. He felt gross all day, so I made sure he ate right and early enough because I didn't want him to have digestive issues again and I as well didn't want to deal with any of it. Lol.

   Tuesday (yesterday) he had traffic court early in the morning, so again I was up and getting ready to leave before 7am to get to the court house. I decided to go with him, so he's have someone to keep him company. Plus, on the way home was the part store that had the part for my car that I was picking up. Court was alright, not too bad, there was a bunch of people there and we had to wait for almost two hours. The judge would crack jokes and such, so it was slightly entertaining. After that, we got my part and stopped by his friend's house which was around the corner to go have lunch together. Then, we headed back ran some errands and finally made it back to the house. I knew I had a quiz today, so while we watched J. Edgar, I was doing homework and studying. For dinner we went to taco tuesday at a mexican restaurant that I can't remember the name of. Had good tacos, but I'm used to taco trucks lol. Finally made it home and I was too tired to do much of anything else. I just wanted to sleep.
   And of course, I was up super early this morning. Should be studying, but this room is a mess, still trying to get the laundry situation under control and get our new sheets washed and put on the bed. Of course applying for jobs here and there. Haven't got down and crazy with it due to me not having the time to organize a job search. School comes first and I have applied for unemployment, just in case I am actually able to get it and in case of me not getting a job within the next month. Plus, I don't have a car to drive lol. If I get this quiz finished and vacuum today, I will officially feel accomplished today. My weekend is already booked and I'm seeing the weekend after next filling up as well. Don't know what's going to happen when I'm physically in school and physically working. I was already busy where I was last, here comes a much, much bigger challenge.



Some pictures from the SF Chocolate Salon.



 Typical touristy pictures

 But as you can see, the day was AMAZING

 People were sunbathing and swimming in the ocean

 Snap shot of what the salon looked like

 Some chocolate sculpture

 LOTS of sailing and TONS of bikers

 Bridge over Fort Mason

 Ghirardelli

 Another tourist shot of Fort Mason

 Alcatraz

and a couple of dorks

2 comments:

  1. My dude. Where is the picture of his Valentine's gift? Tambien.. you sound like such an adult!!! How exciting! I miss you love and it looks like all is well. When will you be moving moving? I have to say good bye to the Forest Green walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been out for a little while now.. week two!

      Delete